<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I am back in England and in my parents house.

Things I have noticed since I landed:

(i) It is cold, grey and windy. And it was raining when I landed.
(ii) Everybody seems to have a beer gut.
(iii) I don't like these pounds and pence. I miss my Euro and I want it back.
(iv) The English are a bunch of stupid, xenophobic bastards. The very first conversation I overheard after landing involved two English guys, presumably arriving back from their holiday, in the queue for passport control:

"I've just been to the toilet. They have proper loos 'ere: runnin' water n everythin'"

"Yeah. But if we join Europe we'll have to go down to their level. We'll 'av to use their water"

?!?!

And then the guy in front of me in the queue - who doesn't appear to know the two guys behind me - turns around and says "Nah - the French'll only go and nick it", and then laughs that satisfied laugh of somebody too impressed with their own humour. Twits, all of them.

Comments: Post a Comment