<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 21, 2004

As I’m sure (!) you’ve noticed, blog entries have been somewhat less frequent over the past few weeks. But, as they say, no news is good news: it’s basically because I’m too busy either working or having fun. Not going floodlit skiing last Wednesday as usual was in fact a welcome opportunity to spend a few hours doing nothing. And after today, I can only think of a couple of evenings or afternoons I have free until well past Easter.

But the absense of blog entries is also sympomatic of a deeper state of mind. The existensial angst that has preoccupied me for much of the past 10 years, and in particular the last 18 months, is evaporating as, finally, I find something I want to do with my life (as you’ll know if you follow the “I’m currently reading...” entry in the right-hand column; next up are Language Evolution and then something on Evolutionary Game Theory). Furthermore there have been fewer entries about Italy as I grow increasingly used to being here; what was different is now normal, and what I once missed I’ve now, on the whole, forgotten about (except the cricket), and hence there is less of interest to say. In short, my two main sources of material for the blog are evaporating.

Still, the camera is back in less than a week, so that will keep us ticking over nicely in between less frequent text entries. I know many of my friends like this blog, and appreciate that it keeps us close whilst I’m away, but I’m sure they’d sacrifice daily updates for the knowledge that I’m happy and having fun.

Comments: Post a Comment