<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 09, 2004

Inspired by a friend sending me a copy of Rapper's Delight by The Sugarhill Gang last week, which I have since been unable to stop playing, I have finally got around to compiling my definitive list of 15 favourite songs, as demanded by another friend last summer. However after choosing 12 I was left with too many options to fill the remaining three spaces and I couldn't choose between them, so I chose none. Here then, in no particular order, are, as of this weekend just past, my 12 favourite songs:

Steve Harley and the Cockney Rebel - Come Up and See Me (Make Me Smile)
Pulp - Common People
U2 - One
Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz - The Girl from Ipanema
Nuyorkian (sp?) Soul feat. India - Runaway
Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight
Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
Bert Bacharact and Elvis Costello - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
REM - Nightswimming
Diana Ross and The Supremes - The Happening
James - Sit Down
Marvin Gaye - Lets Get It On

NB This list is in no way definitive or comprehensive. Indeed, by the time you read this it will probably have changed. And I don't care if you don't like them.

Comments: Post a Comment