<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 03, 2003



Chievo 0-2 Inter

I went to the football yesterday. In a classically European stadium (oval-shaped, running track, many tiers, no executive boxes) I saw a game ruined by a dodgy refereeing decision. Plus ca change. Like goalkeepers wearing caps, referees wearing white is simply wrong and I'm sure it makes them rubbish. I haven't seen the replay but from where I was sitting (which was, admittedly, the other end of the stadium) it looked like six-of-one, half-a-dozen-of-the-other (try explaining that phrase in an English lesson); I'd like to see the replay. The picture above is of the ref consulting his linesman over the incident just before he sent the Chievo 'keeper off.

With ten men Chievo tried to hold out for an hour but two Vieri-inspired goals won the game for the evil Inter. Despite been in the Chievo end we were surrounded by glory-hunting Inter fans; people much like those Man Yoo fans turning up just when the team come to visit their local ground. Support your local team yer tossers.

Comments: Post a Comment